One thing that is constantly being drummed into my generation of journalists is that we are writing the handbook on how to be a journalist in a multimedia world. With commercial television and radio suffering from decreasing advertising revenue, and audience figures falling it’s a very frightening time for journalists. There are so many unknowns;
– Should we be focusing just on the web?
– Are podcasts our way forward?
– What makes journalists better than the average blogger?
– How do we make money from journalism, when there is no control on information?
– How the hell do I work this damm thing!!
This blog has been started to allow me to discuss technology in the media industry, and how as a journalist I try and understand it.
Please bear with me while I try and work out how to use word press! Over the coming few months I hope to talk to people, and get better understanding of what is online journalism is! But for now I would settle with working out where the spell checker is!